Sunday 25 October 2015

Samsung S6 Edge: stuck in emergency recovery page



As title. My phone is stuck in the emergency recovery page: use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch PC software. I cannot turn the phone off, I cannot go into recovery, and I cannot go into download mode.

I attempted to root the device using kingo but it failed. It was my first time rooting a device. So my phone essentially got stuck when it restarted at the "Samsung S6 Edge: Powered by Android" black screen. I then managed to "recover" the device by using Odin and flashing a stock firmware.

So I got back into the device and tried to change the settings back to what they were before. I disabled USB debugging (Bootloader option is not available for my mode, SM-G925I).

Then...having the itchy hands I do, I checked out the security portion under settings, and I saw that there was "unauthorized changes made". The program suggested that I restart my phone so as to get rid of those changes..which I did. And since then, it has been stuck again.

I actually took a trip down to the service centre where the tech actually managed to turn the device off, and I was told that warranty was void. In any case, when I returned home I tried to flash the same stock firmware that I used earlier but ODIN failed. I redownloaded the stock firmware for 925I from a couple of places and they're all 1.5gb+; but every time I try to even load the firmware Odin just hangs and I have to end the task...

Right now, I'm attempting to use smart switch and the emergency recovery function but it has not worked the first time, at the second stage where installation actually takes place. While the phone was connected, window's kept giving the notification that the device was not recognized. I'm giving smart switch a second desperate try and this time round I'm receiving no notifications from windows (so I suppose that's a good thing..). But assuming that smartswitch does not work? What are my options considering:

1) Failed root using kingo root (one-click stuff..wish I had known better)
2) USB Debugging is not enabled
3) Unable to enter recovery mode
4) Unable to enter download mode (but a download bar appears when I attempt to use Odin at the emergency recovery page)
5) 5.1.1 android system
6) Phone is not recognized by smart switch (might be because it is in the emergency recovery mode)

Really at a loss here..I'm helpless with tech and I really should have just left well alone. Jailbreaking was so much easier...Samsung quoted me 0+ for the replacement of the motherboard of the phone, which I will probably take up if the situation is really beyond repair.

Thanks in advance..



No comments:

Post a Comment