Sunday 25 October 2015

Connecting un-rooted Butterfly to PC as Drive letter



well, im still not giving up trying to recover my photos.

I have 5-6 different recovery programs on my PC. (once tried to recover a deleted sd-card).
Yet the PC only connects the Android device only as device, not with a drive letter. (which is required by any of the programs to recover anything.)

I've read around that in android 4+, google removed the option to connect as mass storage (with drive letter). Now i enabled developer options and tried using usb debugging, yet no drive letter. I head of the program PTPdrive and wanted to try that, but unfortunately, this program does not support Win10.

I have an unrooted, stock rom HTC butterfly with access to developer otions. I also read of something like accessing the phone over ftp, but found no real clue to my problem,
i want to connect my HTC to my PC (win 10) as drive letter to run a recovery program on it.

Anyone has a guide or tips, how to get my HTC a drive letter?



No comments:

Post a Comment