Sunday 25 October 2015

At&T Zenfone 2e helpful find. Enjoy



I purchased the Zenfone 2, and had my Zenfone 2e laying around so I began to play. Here's my find. I downloaded firmware for the ZE500CL from Asus and flashed over At&t stock firmware. And to my excitement I now have a stock Zenfone 2e running stock Asus firmware. Here's what I did. Did a factory reset. Then rooted using the one click method. Rebooted and ran through the phone setup, upgraded SuperSu. Then I downloaded root one click method with CWM tethered recovery. Googled "Asus Zenfone ZE500CL" and went to Asus page for phone, downloaded firmware 12.16.5.102. After all that I renamed file to update.zip, and copied to Root of internal SD card. Then I ran the one click root with CWM recovery, typed ACCEPT and did option T4. Once recovery booted installed the update from the update from SD card and selected the update.zip file. About 5 mins later update completed and I rebooted and up came the Asus splash and booted into stock Asus. Worked like a charm for me. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BAD FLASHING OR DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. THIS WORKED FOR ME ON A COMPLETE STOCK AT&T DEVICE. GOOD LUCK.



1 comment: