Sunday 25 October 2015

To replace or not.....



I have posted in a few spots detailing my screen issue and I'm normally a very decisive person but this time I'm really on the fence and would like some input

About a week and half ago I began to notice a small red airbrush looking circle in the middle of my screen. It was centered left to right and favoring the bottom half of the screen. It appeared on dark backgrounds only. Over the next 12 hours it came and went, varying in intensity. Of course I researched it and found numerous accounts of a similar phenomenon where a blue dot was appearing on Moto X 2014 phone's and it was caused by blunt force to the screen or back of the phone. That couldn't possibly be my cause, it just didn't happen. I searched here for the Pure and found a single thread talking again about the "blue blemish" but that's it.
I immediately make up my mind it is not something I'm going to live with as I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. My wife, of course, said I was being to picky but she's lived with a dead pixel on her iPhone since it was brand new. So I don't respect her input here. Well I wake up the next day and it's gone. Totally gone. I tell myself maybe it was a fluke. Maybe I was too drunk and exaggerating things. I said F-it, I'll just let it ride. 8 days later, it reappeared first thing in the morning. I had a very busy day so the next time I picked up my phone around lunchtime it was gone and has not resurfaced. I called Motorola and they immediately offered a replacement which I agreed to and it's en route as we speak.

So here's the thing. I like this phone more than any other phone I've ever owned. I rooted it, I have it set up just like I want it and for the first time I am confident I'll use this phone for years instead of just months like I normally do. I just don't know how I feel taking a refurbished phone in its place. I normally don't balk at the idea but I had two bad LG G4's in a row with reception issues and now this Pure I'm considering trading in has a screen issue that is only around 1% of the time. If I return this one, it could easily pass the tests and get sent back out to someone else. Everything else about this phone is acceptable to me.

Would you take the refurbished one or keep this one. I still have the warranty in tact if the screen acts up worse down the road. I have to mail back the phone within 5 days so I'll have limited time to test it out.

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA Free mobile app



No comments:

Post a Comment