Saturday 24 October 2015

Missing: 'Services' under Android Accessibility settings?



Recently I installed an app that required me to enable a service in the "Android Accessibility settings". I then realized that on my JYHU the entire SERVICES (I am capitalizing SERVICES because it is capitalized in Android) menu is missing under Settings->Accessibility, only SYSTEM is there. Typically under Settings->Accessibility there is SERVICES such as Talkback, etc.

Can anyone check under Settings->Accessibility and tell me what sub-sections there are (i.e. SERVICES, SYSTEM)?

I am wondering if we have a crippled Android ROM where apps cannot add SERVICES, they are [intentionally] hidden somehow or if there is an app that is hiding them.
This is really hurting me as I cannot make certain apps behave properly without the accessibility settings.

I read in another thread that manufacturers (allegedly) do this sometimes on purpose (I think it was the Nook tablet).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1400615

I am going to post this in more than one thread because it is Android related but I am dealing with it only my JYHU (my Nexus 7 does not have this issue).



No comments:

Post a Comment