Saturday 24 October 2015

ChromeCast 2015 & UnBlock-US Problems



Hi Folks,



I'm running into an annoying problem with my new ChromeCast 2015. I've got an Asus AC68U router which I created static routes for Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) that direct to unused IP addresses on my local network and set the routers DNS to point to UnBlock-US DNS (208.122.23.23 / 208.122.23.22). However, I seem to be getting a lot of "video is not available in your region" and "video is unable to play" errors from Netflix's.



Now I also have an old ChromeCast (dongle style) which I rooted (Team-Eureka's rom) in order to be able to set the DNS servers on it directly to UnBlock-US and it works flawlessly (abeit slower than the ChromeCast 2015 version). A video that generates an error (above) on the ChromeCast 2015, will play properly on the older ChromeCast.



I've changed the DNS entries to Google's DNS on my older ChromeCast to test the static routing is working (which it seems to). So the question is why is the New ChromeCast being such a pain in the butt, where as the older one works flawlessly? Am I missing something in my static routing?



Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions


(Xposted to Reddit /r/Chromecast)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk



No comments:

Post a Comment