Friday 23 October 2015

Troubleshooting eMMC with fastboot or adb.



Hi guys,

My Nexus 5 (hammerhead D821 (E) ) died on me two day ago. It's showing the google logo without any progress and then restarts itself.

I can boot into bootloader from the device. If I issue <adb devices> command it won't show any devices however when using <fastboot devices> it finds the device's ID.

My devices was running the latest official marshmallow 6 when it happened (it was working just fine for more than a week).

Currently my device is in <lock state - Locked> I tried issuing <fastboot oem unlock> command without any success. The phone would run the command shows the <lock state - Unlocked> then it shows <erasing...> (I left the phone for 10Hours, no change) .

It won't finish nor respond unless I reboot the device into bootloader again.

I'm using the google USB drivers and universal drivers for my phone, they seem to be working, showing as android bootloader interface in my system (win7). I can't boot into recovery mod from the bootloader it will just show a black screen until I restart the phone.

I'm suspecting my eMMC is dead, my knowledge with adb and fastboot is limited, I would appreciate to hear your feedback regarding the issue.

Is there are way I can run some low level diagnostics commands to understand if its dead?

Can I revive my phone in anyway as I can't flash anything at the moment while the device is in <lock state - Locked> .

Waiting to hear from the experts =) thanks in advance guys!
Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment